Friday, October 14, 2011

Sleeve Gastrectomy - Calorie Counters & Calorie Burned Gadgets

I'm keeping a careful food diary of what I'm eating.  Throughout the years, I have tried many on-line and paper food diaries.  My latest favorite is  myFitnessPal.com.  this is  an on-line program which links to an app on mobile devices.    First thing, it's FREE and secondly, with my iPad, I can scan a food barcode and it puts all the nutritional information in my food diary.  Pretty nifty.  On-line, it has great printable reports and graphs.  I keep my iPad in the kitchen, so I input the food diary as soon as I can.  I found out that if I wait too long, it's amazing how I forget what I ate.

I wear a "Bodybugg" (bodybugg.com) device on my arm to keep track of how many calories I burn.  Not only does it keep an accurate track of calories being burned, but also it's an excellent pedometer.  I've been wearing this device for many years.  It also has a food diary, but I prefer myFitnessPal for recording the diary.  Years ago, BodyBugg was the only game in town, but now there are many similar devices available.

I transfer the BodyBugg information into myFitnessPal, so I have one place for producing reports.



No comments:

Post a Comment